Monday, April 4, 2011

Spring Vase Filler

Friday I stopped in one of my favorite little antique stores. I left empty handed but one of the booths had  apothecary jars for sell with a woodland theme filler/arrangement and they were selling for $65-$85 a piece which I thought was insane! My next stop was Micheal's craft store for the supplies to make my own creations. I got all the supplies for $30 for 3 jars plus I have left overs if I want to make more later.

Here are some of the supplies....




I picked up a few sticks and acorns from the yard to add. I just used a hot glue gun to place a few pieces together, some are just layered in the jar. It took me about an hour to finish and viola, a fresh new spring/summer vase filler.
























Here are some close up pictures looking down into the jars...

















Easy Easy Easy!


5 comments:

  1. Love these they are so gorgeous. I'm going to have to try this. I'm visiting from How To's Day and am a new follower.Please stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super duper! Awesome project....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those all look great. I especially love the butterfly one. Thanks for sharing at my Swing into Spring party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, I am obsessed with birds and these make me happy :)

    ReplyDelete