Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Bottle Tree

Just wanted to share my bottle tree with everyone. This was a gift from my parents a few years ago at Christmas. I love it so much. It makes me happy every day when I pull into the driveway.


It is made of welded rebar and collected bottles.














I like think of this as my yard art. I have heard/read that bottle trees started because it is said that evil spirts get caught inside the bottles so it is good luck to have one. I read a really good book that reflected on that theory..."On Folly Beach" I highly reccommend it for a summer read.







6 comments:

  1. April, I LOVE this. I've been wanting a bottle tree for ages...yours turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bottle trees! I need one too.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yes, it's definitely yard art. i love how funky it is-what a great piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great, I get comments all the time from neighbors and visitors. All you need is a good welder and you can have one made, the guy that made mine did an excellant job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love bottle trees and every year I say I'm going to make one, but for some reason I never get it done. This may be the year. Yours is great and they always make me smile.Thanks for recommending "On Folly Beach".I'll be sure to look for that one.
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopping over from Censational Girls Outdoor Party. Hope you enjoy my 'patio time' post. (link #205)

    I have never seen a bottle tree before . . . what a fun piece of art for your yard. It would cheer me, too.

    Happy summer . . . fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete