Friday, April 29, 2011

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Wishing my Dad a great Birthday!

I made him a strawberry shortcake and it was good :)

I have the easiest recipe, it came from a box of Betty Crocker cake mix.


I had freshly picked strawberries from a local strawberry farm


The batter was really yummy with the strawberry yogurt mixed in, it turns the white cake a little blush.


The layers...I like to slice just a little off the top of each layer so the strawberry juice will soak in good.


Yummy! Yummy!


Yummy!


I also make my own whipped cream, no icing on this cake.

Make yourself one NOW and pick some fresh berries!


1 comment:

  1. I am popping over from Rhoda's recipe party. Hope you enjoy my orange muffins (link #99.)

    I loved the look of this cake and having whipping cream instead of frosting.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete