Sunday, December 18, 2011

Pinterest Eats

I’ve been trying out a few recipes that I found on Pinterest over the Holidays and I thought I would give a little review.  Some have been awesome finds and others so so. 
#1  I cooked a Birthday dinner for my Mom a few weeks ago.  We had Lasagna, pizza casserole, and this Olive Garden cloned salad.  It was REALLY good and pretty darn close to the real deal.

Original Pin From www.thesisterscafe.com
#2  I made these Buffalo Tacos for supper one night last week.  They were AWESOME!  I will definitely be making them again.  It was also a quick and easy weeknight supper.  They are on the spicy side but you could probably put a little less Frank’s Red Hot if you wanted a more mild bite.  I added blue cheese crumbles to one of my tacos and it added another flavor that was yummy.

Original Pin From http://www.mrsregueiro.com
#3 Gooey Butter Cake has also proven to be a crowd pleaser.  I have made these several times over the past 2 months and I have received rave reviews each time.  Also SUPER easy!

#4 These peanut butter balls were a miss for me.  They are made with Nutter Butter cookies and cream cheese.  They sounded really good but they were just ok to me, nothing outstanding.  I like the peanut butter and powder sugar version much better.

#4 A little different here but this green tea recipe is tasty and I found a great healthy eating blog with this pin, be sure to check it out.  I have only made this as hot tea so far and it is tasty and something different for me.

So give some of these a try….I give my stamp of approval :)

Next up is to try is this cupcake recipe.  Made with a box of white cake mix but other ingredients mixed in to make them moist and more delicious.

I want to decorated them like this….

I just have to figure out how to make the little North Pole signs??  I have the candy canes and M&M’s but this one does not have a tutorial.  I was just going to print them, but I am not sure how to stick them on without the icing bleeding through the paper.
Happy Baking and cooking this week.  I will be making cupcakes for work and cupcakes for Family as well as Sugar Cookies.  Hoping to share these later this week! 
April

1 comment:

  1. yummmm cupcakes and cookies!!! can't wait. I hope we get North Pole cupcakes. I suggest attaching the sign with a dab of icing.

    ReplyDelete