Sunday, February 5, 2012

Mirror Mirror on the Wall

I have been painting various projects this weekend.  I am excited to share all with you soon and none are furniture projects.  The first one I completed is this mirror…
IMG_0635
Yesterday I picked up this little mirror at Goodwill for $3.48.  Sorry forgot to take a picture before I taped it up. It was just brown and dated, in need of a makeover.
IMG_0624
First I primed it
IMG_0625
I have been wanting to try out the Martha Stewart Specialty Paint at Home Depot.  This was the perfect little project to try it on.
IMG_0627
I used Vintage Gold as the base and Black Coffee glaze on top.  I love it, very vintage glam. 
IMG_0632
IMG_0638
IMG_0642
I think this color looks great in my dining room and I have been wanting something to hang over my buffet.  I am going to be on a thrift store hunt for a piece to paint to hang here.  The mirror was purchase because I want a dresser in my closet with a small mirror above and a peg board to hang scarves.  I am slowly collecting pieces for this project. I have not found a dresser yet and I don’t think it will fit in my current closet the way I want.  I think now the closet theme will be GLAM :)
What do you think about this paint?  Check out the other colors here.
April


Linking to:

No comments:

Post a Comment