Sunday, March 24, 2013

Vanity

Loving all the furniture projects I’ve been working on lately.  I should probably be working on finishing up some rooms in the house first but I’ve had furniture in storage that’s been waiting for paint for 6 months and it’s been keeping me busy. 
With this vanity I found a great color combination that I will definitely use again.  This one is painted with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in colors French Linen and Aubusson Blue. 
Vanity After with Chair
A friend was looking for a vanity and she liked the style of this one.  She knew she wanted something neutral but with a pop of color, after looking at some of my other furniture projects she picked the two colors and I decided how to paint the piece.  She was however, 100% sure she did not want yellow!
Before
Vanity Before Picture
I didn’t have a matching chair for this piece but picked one up recently from a local thrift store that did the trick.
Before
Chair Before
This piece went through a few changes as I went along, here is a little more on the Journey.
After #1
Vanity After
After painting I originally left the pulls gold and the inside (at mirror) grey.  I made a few changes at my friend’s request to paint the inside blue and change the pulls to silver.  Abbie really wanted to be in these pictures to say hi…
Vanity After with Mirron
Mirror with Abbie
Here you can see the original pulls in gold, I really liked the gold on this piece, typically not a huge gold fan but I thought they fit the piece.  My friend preferred silver so I changed them with Rub n Buff (which I love to use!!).  Rub N Buff makes it so easy to change the look of knobs and pulls and its also really great for accents on frames as well.
Knob Before & After
Rub n Buff Knobs
What do you like best, Silver or Gold? I loved the gold, but the silver looks great too! Rub N Buff lets a little gold peek out which creates nice texture and shadows giving a more expensive look than spray paint.
Pulls
My little confession is that I originally loved the gold so much I planned to replace the knobs completely but the size of these are smaller than normal sizes and I was unable to find any that worked.  I do really love the style of these on the piece so they should stay with it and the silver is perfect. 
Vanity with Chair and Mirror After
Also isn’t that chair way better now?!? Whew, that brown paint was gross!  I had planned to leave the seat fabric as is only to let my friend pick out her own fabric, and she still can,  but I found these napkins and World Market and thought the colors were great so in 5 minutes I I had a new seat.  Yes, cloth napkins!  Cheap way to recover a seat!
I love the color combo on this one, overall it looks feminine as a vanity should but neutral enough for any space. 
Looking forward to seeing it in its permanent home.

April

Linking To....





No comments:

Post a Comment