Monday, February 25, 2013

Bunny Jars for Easter

Hello friends!  I had so much fun with my little Easter craft over the weekend!  These were super easy and they look so cheerful.  I found a “pin” on Pinterest a few weeks back and I just had to try these.  I have to say this is probably my favorite “pinned” project ever, mostly because they actually look GOOD!

Say Hello to Bunny Jars!

Bunny Jars for Easter

Bunny Jar Gifts

This craft was really cheap for me.  I only spent around $15 because I already had most of the supplies.  I only needed to purchase candy, Easter grass, a few extra jars, and the bunnies of course.  The following is the breakdown of supplies needed.

Supplies Needed

The bunnies turned out to be a surprise find in the end but I had a hard time.  I searched Oriental Trading, Wal-Mart, Dollar Tree, and Googled plastic bunnies a million different ways and came up empty then I stumbled upon these at my local thrift store for $1.49…LUCKY!

Of course you need spray paint too, I had quite the pastel collection already.

spray paint

Really simple instructions

Step 1 –Use the Goo Gone to remove the labels from food jars and then wash

Step 2-Super Glue the bunnies to the lids

Step 3- Spray primer on the lids

Step 4-Spray paint in the chosen color

Step 5-Assemble the grass, candy, lid

Coral Jar

Tall Green Jar

Yellow Bunny Jar

Short Coral Jar

I can’t pick my favorite, they are all so cute.  I think they make great Easter or Spring décor as well as Easter gifts for friends or family.

I found my “pinned” picture trolling Pinterest one day and these are really great.

Source HERE and HERE 

The site referenced above is in Chinese. I couldn’t tell you what most of it says and Google Translate is little help here, but these jars are great and I love the wrapped foil candy inside too, adds a little more glamour.  To whoever made these, they are great and really inspired me.

I will be linking this post to the Winter Pinterest Challenge that Katie & Sherry host along with two other bloggers.  I hope you will be joining on the fun too and sharing your “pinned” projects to.  I can’t wait to see what everyone else brings to the table.

Happy Bunny Hopping to you all!

Bunny Jars for Gifts

p.s. If you are following me on Instagram you got a glimpse of the bunny lineup Sunday…LOL!

bunny lineup

To check out last year’s Spring projects take a look HERE and HERE.

 

April

5 comments:

  1. Very cute and fun project! I love the colors you used! Thanks for sharing this great easter inspiration! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I had so much fun with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi April, Your bunny jars look great, so happy to have inspired you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Torie! Thanks for checking out this post! I am so glad you did as I had trouble finding the link back to the original source on the bunny jars. I think you jars are so great, thanks for your post!

    ReplyDelete