Thursday, October 16, 2014

Floral Arrangements

My friend Renee over at The Refined Relic wrote the best post yesterday in her Why I Love it Wednesdays Series on Foraging for Florals.  I was inspired.  I walk around our neighborhood everyday and as you know we developed this neighborhood and it is currently only half built so there’s lots of raw land.  This Fall I have really enjoyed seeing new things bloom, lots of yellow, reds, purples and white.  Also, I noticed over the Summer we have a rash of ferns growing in one spot, they are now turning a nice Autumn color.  Anyway, Renee’s post really spoke to me…why not pick some of these beauty’s and enjoy. 
Today I did!  I stopped by Trader Joes for almond milk and was pleasantly surprised that they had their pumpkin trees back.  That was enough to decide today was the day to pick some weeds.  I love these pumpkin trees, such oddities!  They are awkward and hard to arrange but with my added “weeds” they look awesome.
pumpkin tree
I added a few  ferns and some tall grass that looks like fireworks!  It was just the right accent for the funky pumpkin tree.



pumpkin tree up close
After putting this together I decided this had to be a center piece in the kitchen so I moved the bread box to make room and give it a special place.
Floral arrangment
I also made another arrangement with some of the pretty yellow blooms growing wild here.
Weeds
It’s really amazing all the beauty that surrounds us…you just have to take the time to see it. 
Be sure to head over to Renee’s blog and read her post!

April

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love your arrangements and I look forward to seeing more. This was such a blessing to me. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete