Thursday, February 13, 2014

Valentines

I made some cupcakes today since we are snowed in.  I try and spend my time wisely Winking smile
Strawberry Frosted Cupcakes
These chocolate strawberry treats were super easy to make.  I had planned to make some cupcakes I made a few years ago on Valentines Day that were Neapolitan, they were really good but when I went to pull my recipe from Pinterest the link was broken.  So, I searched to find a really good strawberry icing and I found a “pin” from  Girl Inspired, Strawberry Dream Frosting.  This frosting was so easy to make, click on the link Here for the full recipe. Basically it’s marshmallow fluff, butter, powdered sugar and strawberry extract. With a little pink food coloring as suggested you could fool anyone into thinking this was real strawberry goodness! 
The frosting itself seemed a little butter heavy but when paired with the chocolate cake it is delish!  The cake itself is just boxed cake mix.  I used Fresh Market’s gluten free brand, only because I was there the other day and needed cake mix otherwise I would have used Betty Crocker or Duncan Hines.  The Fresh Market brand is tasty if you are looking for gluten free.
I am not a fan of Valentines Day but I thought my co-workers would like a treat and since Will’s Birthday is the 15th I made him a big cupcake!
Birthday Cupcake 
I made sure I tried it for him, you know a love bite!  Wishing you a happy Valentines Day if you are into the holiday and wishing my husband a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
XOXO,
April

No comments:

Post a Comment