Sunday, October 18, 2015

Design Boards

Lately I have been sucked in to designing some rooms on Polyvore again.  It is a good distraction.  I certainly could put my time to better use but we all need an outlet right?!?

Lots of friends are re-designing spaces and so I’ve had fun thinking about what would I do.  Confession, I do that a lot, I go to other peoples houses and secretly I am re-designing in my head.  Not that anything is wrong with their current space but I just see the possibilities.  Ahhh…probably why I love TV shows like Fixer Upper.

Space number one is a living room space.  I have a friend in search for new furniture so l came up with a plan for a brighter space using cheerful accessories and neutral furniture.  She  likes earth tone colors and is drawn to bigger scale furniture to accommodate her sweet dogs.  I love the idea of the Ikea Ektorp sofa in grey with the chaise on the end.  That is a good piece for lounging and the smaller chairs are good for company.  My first idea was a bright rug that would really pop on her new wood floors.  "Misti's Living Room" by heartsdesireathome on Polyvore featuring interior, interiors, interior design, home, home decor, interior decorating, Safavieh, Alexandra Ferguson, Rizzy Home and Threshold:

I wanted to see it with a neutral rug, which I like much better.  I think this makes it look more relaxed.  I love the pops of color with orange, yellow, and blue. 

Misti's Living Room-Neutral Rug by heartsdesireathome on Polyvore featuring interior, interiors, interior design, home, home decor, interior decorating, Threshold, Alexandra Ferguson, Dot & Bo and Rizzy Home:

On to the next space, a teen lounge, another friend is turning her dining space into a teen lounge for her daughter and son and I think this is such a fun idea.  The use of a daybed makes a great seating area.  I included a desk for homework and shelves for storage of gadgets and books.  Red, yellow, and blue are perfect for a gender neutral and this family loves the lake and beach so I include pillows and art that tie into a theme. 

Charity's Teen Space by heartsdesireathome on Polyvore featuring interior, interiors, interior design, home, home decor, interior decorating, Worlds Away, Moroccan Prestige, Somette and Dorel:

What do you think?

Now…off to plan my living room….it’s coming people!!  I bought 20 yards of fabric to have my couch re-upholstered.  Maybe by Christmas I will have it finished!  I just need to decide how much I really want to splurge on a leather chair…eek!

Have a great week!

 

April

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Nice Blog about how to re-designing spaces. I read this and got some idea. Really, this blog will help me a lot. I am going to design my new home so I bought some Affordable Furniture for my home. which are looking good and attractive. Thanks a lot...

    ReplyDelete