Sunday, November 17, 2013

Shiny Brite Wreath

Two years ago I rushed into TJ Maxx on Christmas Eve to buy these beautiful Shiny Brite ornaments I had been eyeing all season.  I felt like waiting until after Christmas may be too big of a chance so I snagged them for 25% off and bought 5 boxes of green and red ornaments. 
I typically don’t decorate with much green and red for Christmas, I like more jewel toned colors but these were so pretty…no worries, I picked up plenty of pink, purple, blue, and silver too.  I had planned to make a wreath out of the green and red from the day I bought them, however, last year we were still living with Will’s parents so I didn’t decorate. 
Traditionally I will not pull the first Christmas item out until Thanksgiving weekend but I wanted to start early on my wreath and I love it!  I am ready to start the decorating!!
Wreath Completed
This was so easy to make and it looks like it is really expensive.  To make one yourself  you will need a foam wreath, hot glue gun and glue sticks, PLENTY of ornaments (I used some cheap filler ones from the craft store), and ribbon to hang. 
Supplies
I tied the ribbon on the wreath and picked a spot and just started gluing, placing ornaments  together like a puzzle. 
Step One
When you are all done you will have hot glue strands all over so I just used a hairdryer to melt them away. 
I love this finished wreath and it has inspired me to use a little more traditional colors this season!
Wreath Hanging
Wreath Completed
Have you started your Christmas decorating yet?!?

April

9 comments:

  1. I put out my window candles and put up my metal deer in the dining room. the wreath looks fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty and different from the usual "ornament" wreath! I found you through Hometalk and am now following you! I like your ideas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you found me on Hometalk! Thanks for following.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful and I like how you've displayed it on an "inside" door. Front door decorations are welcoming but why not brighten up inside too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a little worried if it went outside it may fade of the wind could knock it down, I love it hanging on the white door, really makes it pop!

      Delete
  4. Its beautiful! I too found you thru Hometalk! TFS.. now, off to find a wreath form & ornies!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You, glad you found me on Hometalk :)

      Delete
  5. Lovely wreath! It looks fun and easy to make, too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete