Sunday, October 6, 2013

Country Grey

I’ve had this table since I was in college.  My Mom and Dad gave it to me one year for Christmas and I have always loved the versatility of its size.  It can be a sofa table, occasional table or console table.  It was Perfect in our first house in the foyer.

In the brief stay in our last house it fit perfect in the dining room but the color always bothered me next to my dark walnut table.

In our current house it fits perfectly in our dining room space where we have a large blank wall.  Still the color bothered me, it just didn’t fit anymore with our darker woods and painted furniture pieces.
IMG_3179
I knew I wanted to stain it and I wanted more of a driftwood or grey  look.  Minwax has a new color called Country Grey so I gave that I try.  I always forget how rewarding staining furniture can be until I do another piece.  I am not a fan of stripping the old away but the new finish totally changed the way this table looks. 
Tablescape
There is still lots of color in the furniture here but now all matches a little better.  Just today I finished hanging up a bunch of pictures and now I feel like this side of the dining room is done! 
Pictures Up
This side…still a work in progress.  You’ll notice I painted a mirror too…hate it, still trying to figure out how to make it better.
Mirror
Loving more grey tones with warm wood in here.  Now I just have to find some money and then I will be buying a rug and a new light fixture!
Dining After
Happy Sunday!
April

2 comments:

  1. Looking at this again....the transformation of this table is my favorite so far!
    Della

    ReplyDelete